Hundreds of thousands have come each year to see master-class sculptors
build beautiful 3-dimensional works of art. Now many of the world's finest artists will come to create
the most amazing sculptures ever in our San Diego sand castle competition & 3D art challenge. And they'll do it on a unique site with our beautiful bay on the West
and downtown's sandcastles in the sky on the East. Just 2 blocks North lie the world's tall ships in
all their majesty, and out on the bay, the ships sail with full regalia and recreate cannon battles of yore.
Looking for San Diego family activities or other fun things to do in Sand Diego?
Well, look no more! It's a 4-day extravaganza for the whole family.
(Scroll Down For More:)
Astonishing sand sculptures
- San Diego sand castle competition between 10 professional world masters carving sculptures like San Diegans
have never seen
- Head-to-head battle between the sandcastle teams who have won 9 of the last 10 U.S. Open
crowns in the former Imperial Beach event — Archisand vs. I.B. Posse
- Cool California Carvers doubles team competition
3-dimensional art for the home
- Leading California metal, stone and wood sculptors
- Designer clothing and jewelry
- 3D wall art
- Art for kids, handmade educational toys and much more
Entertainment all weekend long
- Musicians, singers, dancers, storytellers, circus performers, magicians, the best of the buskers
- Sandbox, sand sculpture classes, Bubble Fun ride and more
Plus, a significant portion of the proceeds go toward arts education programs that help kids
learn to learn.
- Young Audiences of San Diego /Arts for Learning, serving tens of thousands of kids throughout the area
- Maritime Museum of San Diego Education Programs
This San Diego event for the whole family is sure to amaze and delight visitors with TONs of sand... and fun in the sun! Click here for San Diego sand castle competition tickets and other basic info.