Looking for a fun event over Labor Day weekend in San Diego?
Well, look no more! It’s a 4-day extravaganza for the whole family!
We’re changing the name of America’s 8th largest city between Sep. 2nd and Sept. 5th, 2016. We’re calling it SAND iegoTM. Not only that, we’re building a beach high above the water, bringing 300 tons of sand to the ‘B’ Street cruise ship terminal pier, with our Big Bay on the West and downtown’s castles in the sky on the East. It’s been called the most creative atmosphere in the world. There’s nothing else like it anywhere.
World Master Sand Sculptors come from Italy, Ireland, the Netherlands and Canada, from exotic places like Latvia and Singapore, to challenge the best in the U.S. Their 3-dimensional art is astounding. You’ll fall in love with it. But you can’t take it with you. The sculptures weigh over 10 tons each and they’d ruin your lawn. So we have over 1,000 works of art that you can fall in love with, buy and take home.
Oh, and there’s live entertainment (big bands, singers and more), a sand box and rides for kids, a dozen gourmet food trucks, a great view of the bay, tall ships and cannon battles….
What more can you ask for? What else is there?
Astonishing sand sculptures
- World Masters Class: 11 master sculptors carving for 4 days… the World against the U.S…. the finest sculptures ever seen in San Diego.
- Cool California Carvers Class: 9 teams of 3 professionals each carving for 2 days
Dimensional art for the home
- Metal, stone and wood
- Hand-made clothing, accessories and jewelry
- Glass, acrylics, ceramics
- Wall art
- Much more
Entertainment all weekend long
- Big bands, singers, dancers, circus performers, more
Gourmet food trucks
- A dozen trucks with 100 menu items from all over the country and the world
- Sandbox, sand sculpture classes, Bubble Fun, European Bungie and more
- Plus, a significant portion of the proceeds go toward arts education programs that help kids learn to learn
Support kids educational charities
- San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts
- Young Audiences of San Diego /Arts for Learning
- It’s All About the Kids Foundation